Pencils of Promise is our partner to spread education to as many of the 250 million children who lack basic literacy and numeracy skills (PDF). Educating reading, writing and math is the most powerful weapon to change the world of the youngsters. Education is a long term investment to reduces poverty, empowerment of women and to help prevent disease on a daily basis.
The number of children in primary education overall has increased, but there is a huge shortage of trained teachers. So Pencil of Promise will not only provide basic school infrastructure, but they will support teachers to overcome the stumbling blocks to raise educational standards.
For every donation to Ligaia $6 will go to Pencil of Promise to increase the number of schools build to provided quality educational programs in e.g. Ghana, Guatemala, Laos or Nicaragua.Join us today
Facts about child mortality
· Aproxemitly 250 million of the world’s 650 million primary-school-age children are unable to read, write or do basic mathematics.
· 130 million in primary school have not achieved the minimum benchmarks for learning.
· 120 million have spent little or no time in a classroom, including 57 million who are not going to school at all.
· The global “learning crisis” is primary caused by a shortcoming of well-trained teachers.
· A third of countries analysed, fewer than 75 percent of primary school teachers have been trained to meet national standards.
Source: U.N. education agency, 2014View Project